November 2016 iPhonetography
It’s hard to process that we’re not even halfway through December, because November kind of feels like a lifetime ago. December started off with a little rough, but we haven’t really had time to dwell on it, because it’s been GO GO GO ever since. Let’s see if I can remember how we spent our November, shall I?
Of course by now, everyone is in full swing for the holidays. Whatever you celebrate, wishing you the a wonderful holiday season – and a positive end to the year. 2017, I think we’re all ready for you.
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) Fall in the city – it just doesn’t get any better. Beautiful trees, bright blue sky, city backdrop – love it.
2) I took Dreidel for a vet appointment and she immediately hopped up on the chair in the exam room. I mean, the chairs ARE for the patients, right?
3) The day after the election, we were all gloom and doom. And then Ryan spent 10 minutes trying to pick out which pair of pajamas he wanted to wear to bed (trucks? cars? trains? doggies?) and it was so sweet that the hardest, most stressful thing he has to think about in his little life is whether he wants to wear the dump truck pajamas or the cement mixer pajamas.
4) On a rare free weekend, I planned on baking and photographing 3 recipes. But then Ryan fell fast asleep on me, and I spent the afternoon holding him while he napped. No regrets.
5) My husband and I are really into live music, so we try to go to as many concerts and shows as we can. We went to our second Fitz and the Tantrums concert last month and liked it even more than the first time we saw them.
6) Ryan is obsessed with basketball right now. Every time we pass a pickup game (which is basically every other block in the city) we have to stop and watch for 20 minutes. I hate to break it to him, but with parents who are 5’7 and 5’10… he’s probably not going to grow up to play in the NBA.
7) Apparently Dreidel has a bit of a chair thing going on right now. I found her rocking away in on the rocker in Ryan’s room.
8) Little boy, big piles of crunchy leaves. Pure happiness.
9) Glass shower stalls make great unintentional toddler traps. Who knew?
10) Looking so dapper (and grown up!) after a haircut. And it’s already getting long and messy again – his hair grows like a weed!
11) We took Ryan to the National Dog Show (the one that is televised on Thanksgiving Day) and he lost his mind. So many doggies, and he was able to pet so many of them. We’ll definitely take him back again next year.
12) Construction vehicles are also very popular around here. A “short walk to the store” took 20 minutes, because it included 10 minutes of pointing at the trucks and saying “woooooow!”
13) Fish taco eating level: expert.
14) I had a lot of baking to do for Thanksgiving, so I had to hire a little help. Sous Chef Ryan, reporting for mixing duty!
15) Choo-choo! Choo-choo! I had no idea how many times a day I would hear the words choo-choo, bus, truck, and car.
16) Such a good little reader – he loves sitting in his chair and “reading” a book to himself. He had zero interest in books for the first year (as in, did NOT want me to read to him), so I’m so happy he’s turning into a mini bookworm.