May 2017 iPhonetography
May feels like it was a million years long. I’m not sure why, but looking at pictures from the beginning of the month seems like at least a few months ago, not a mere four weeks. Days are getting longer, weather is getting warmer, and we’re trying to get outside as much as possible. I’ve never really been a fan of summer (I hate hot, humid, sweaty weather), but I definitely won’t complain about more frequent trips to the playground!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) This month we made it official: we adopted our foster cat! I’ve had a lot of foster kittens over the past few years, all of which have been adopted out to wonderful, loving homes… but now we have a cat of our own. Welcome to the family, Milkshake!
2) Not a bad view for some rooftop yoga. I love Philly.
3) We got Ryan a scooter so he can join the little toddler scooter brigade. Scoot scoot!
4) We’ve been itching to check out Union Transfer, a live music venue in Philly, so we went to see The Record Company.
5) Voting sticker selfie. Little known fact: I was a political science major in undergrad, so elections are especially near and dear to my heart. It doesn’t matter how small, exercise your valuable right to vote!
6) Just a happy boy with his cars and trucks.
7) Because a dog eating my cakes and a toddler putting his hand in the middle of my photo shoots weren’t enough, we now have a cat climbing right onto the table. It’s a zoo around here!
8) We took a trip to Atlanta for the mundan ceremony for the twins of friends – first stop in Atlanta: Jimmy Carter library. (Nerd alert!)
9) Next stop: Jeni’s. When you live in a non-Jeni’s city, going to a Jeni’s city is a pretty big deal.
10) The Children’s Museum of Atlanta is A++.
11) The weather was beautiful! Not too hot, nice and sunny – it was a perfect week to play tourist!
12) Ryan making his best fishy face at the Georgia Aquarium.
13) Aquarium family photo!
14) We ended the month with a sad trip back to my hometown to say goodbye to my grandmother in hospice. Ryan was a little ray of sunshine for everyone involved, especially my 96 year old grandfather who laid right down on the floor next to Ryan.
15) Ultimate couch potato.
16) Two year old Instant pot pro. (I have some Instant Pot recipes headed this way soon, but my pint-sized sous chef and I are still working on perfecting them!)
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 | September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017