April 2018 iPhonetography
April may have very well been the busiest, most change-inducing month of my life.
All within a 30 day span:
- new baby (welcome, Brielle!)
- went house hunting and climbed up and down a million stairs 10 days after a c-section
- Ryan turned 3
- threw Ryan his first ever birthday party (Pete the Cat themed, of course)
- bought a new still-under-construction house
- hosted Brielle’s baby naming ceremony
So… yes. New baby, birthday celebrations, new house – suffice to say, ch-ch-ch-ch-changes. I’m all about adventure and excitement in life, but this may have been a little too much for even me to handle in a mere one month span!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) The day before my scheduled c-section, we took Ryan to the zoo for his last outing as an only child.
2) Ryan helping me sort and put away clothes for his new baby sister, arriving the next morning!
3) The “first time meeting baby” photos are never as nice when you have a c-section. Oh hey, someone is on the other side of that curtain, putting my uterus back in place!
4) Feeling approximately 1,000,000 times better a few hours after this c-section than I did with Ryan.
5) Ryan came over after preschool to meet his new baby sister and gave her a big kiss. Heart officially melted.
6) Hello, baby!
7) One week old – and teeny tiny. We’ve had some weight gain and feeding issues for the first month (but now seem to be on the upswing!)
8) So far, Ryan seems to really love being a big brother – he has handled a big transition like an absolute champion.
9) Happy 3rd Birthday to my favorite little guy! Like a true Philly kid, we had soft pretzels spelling out “Happy Birthday Ryan” for his class and his little mind was blown.
10) My little gardner, planting flowers in the backyard.
11) Birthday party success! I wasn’t sure if I was nuts scheduling his party for less than 2 weeks after having a baby, but I felt great, Ryan had a blast, and I’m glad we were able to make him feel special at a time when it’s easy to overlook a pretty self-sufficient child.
12) This little lady is an excellent sleeper so far, spending a good 18 hours a day snoozing away.
13) Also an excellent sleeper: our dog. I finally had the first opportunity in 2+ weeks to take a nap, and found someone else had claimed my pillow.
14) Ryan volunteers to do “scrubby scrubby time” whenever we bathe his sister – he offers to climb right into the tub with her.
15) Every morning on the walk to preschool, Ryan finds a neat wall, flowers, tree, etc., and asks me to take his picture with it. If this kid doesn’t have his own food and fashion Instagram account with a million followers by the time he’s 10, I’m going to be sorely disappointed.
16) We had so many friends and family gather in Philly for Brielle’s baby naming – it was so special to share with so many people who are such a big part of our lives.
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018