April 2019 iPhonetography
April is a crazy month around here with two birthdays 10 days apart!
First up, an extra special first birthday for our little Beanie! I’m not really into first birthday parties so we didn’t do a real celebration, but we made her a cake (stay tuned later this week for the recipe!) and allowed her to dig in. She loves strawberries, so a strawberry version of my son’s first birthday blueberry cake seemed fitting!
In between the birthdays, I had a 6 day work trip to Boston. Six days is way too long to travel for work, especially in the middle of birthdays, but everything went smoothly and we’re all glad I have no more trips on the horizon.
I flew back to Philly on my son’s 4th birthday and geared up for a big weekend of celebrating! Birthday balloons (which I sadly had to miss in the morning), birthday soft pretzels (spelling out Happy Birthday Ryan, of course) at preschool, a small day-of-birthday cake at home. The next day: a super-sized birthday ice cream. And the next day, a birthday party!
April was full of celebrations and visitors and fun, and May is shaping up to be just as busy in the coming weeks!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) Brielle turned one! Happy birthday to our happiest, most joyful little Bean.
2) So of course, we celebrated with a big strawberry cake. She was just a little bit excited.
3) Family photo with our newly-turned 1 year old!
4) The only real photo I took from my week in Boston — a giant, light, crunchy, fluffy, perfect swirled meringue from Flour Bakery.
5) The birthday boy with his birthday morning balloons!
6) Definitely digging being 4.
7) And all the ice cream that comes with being 4.
8) Ryan requested a construction theme for his gymnastics party, so I made dump truck and bulldozer cookies as party favors (using this super sugar cookies recipe).
9) He also requested a “chocolate cake with rainbow sprinkles and a bulldozer.” I think I nailed it.
10) Happy birthday to my favorite 4 year old!
11) Two tired kiddos after a fun birthday party.
12) We sold our beloved first house in April, which was bittersweet. Mostly sweet, because we moved out in December and are very much looking forward to no longer having two mortgage payments, but also sad because boy did I really love that house.
13) “Mommy! Take a picture of me and Beanie in our matching pajamas!”
14) Ryan’s preschool homework for the month: planting some flowers in a “creative” flower pot. (Can you sense his love of construction vehicles?)
15) Ryan and Brielle received a wagon for their birthday from Bubbie, so stop and say hi if you see me pulling them across the bumpy sidewalks of Philly!
16) A weekend visit from one of my best friends turned into crepe making lesson (for these blueberry blintzes, of course) – Aly is a pro now!
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018 | June 2018 | July 2018 | August 2018 | September 2018 | October 2018 | November 2018 | December 2019 | January 2019 | February 2019 | March 2019 | April 2019