August 2015 iPhonetography
I can’t believe August is already over. As much as I am looking forward to fall and cooler weather (which doesn’t look like it will be anytime soon – all 90s in the predicted 10 day forecast, sigh), there’s no denying that summer on a university campus is the best. No lectures, no talks, no classes, minimal undergrads – it’s almost like a “summer break” for us post-docs, too. It was also lovely to ease my way in after maternity leave… now it’s time to juggle experiments, pumping, the class I’m auditing, weekly lectures by visiting professors, weekly talks within our own department, etc. Exhausting!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here or my food-only account here.
1) We’ve reached the jewelry clutching phase, even in his sleep.
2) 15 weeks old and already nailing the wedding photobooth.
3) We spent the weekend in DC for a wedding and had a great time – we even brought Ryan along (as indicated by the previous photo) and he was a total hit. As was the DIY photobooth I set up for our friends.
4) Ryan is an excellent little road trip companion.
5) My favorite corner of the nursery – not every dog has painted portraits hung in their house!
6) Four months old!
7) Cute baby in doggie pajamas.
8) Speaking of doggies…. this one steals my spot in bed every night when I get up at 3:30am to pump and doesn’t let me back in.
9) We live in the most beautiful neighborhood in Philadelphia. I feel so lucky.
10) Happy dog in the grass after a trip to the farmer’s market!
12) Considering Dreidel was returned from her first family for aggression towards children (aggression, mind you, brought on from the fact that they pulled her tail and ears and tried to ride her like a horse, and rather than teach the children not to pull on the dog, the family just dumped her at a shelter), she is extremely tolerant of Ryan. They definitely aren’t best buds, but I think she’ll warm up to him a whole lot more once he starts eating and drops food down to her.
13) This face makes the lack of sleep totally worth it.
14) Olive oil and vinegar tasting at Cardenas Taproom in the Italian Market. I came home with peach white balsamic vinegar, black walnut vinegar, and some white truffle oil. Next time I stop by, I think I’m bringing home the blackberry balsamic vinegar and blood orange olive oil.
15) It’s official: he’s ours. We’re both big craft beer fans, so we expect nothing else from our little guy.
16) Baby’s first fantasy football draft! Much like being a beer fan, we also expect Ryan to grow up to dominate all his fantasy football leagues – after all, his father and I battle it out for the title in the championship game nearly every year. 😉