August 2017 iPhonetography
We’re running on a little delay for August’s photo roundup, thanks to the untimely death of my iPhone. Whomp whomp. One night, I went to bed and my phone was working just fine… and by the morning, it had shut itself off and could not be resuscitated. Pour one out for my old phone, please.
Fortunately a neighbor helped out and lent me her old iPhone 5, and then I found a good deal on an iPhone 6 to tide me over until I upgrade to the new iPhone (which we were planning on doing anyway). But of course, this snafu meant that all the photos on my phone *poof* disappeared. Fortunately, I back up my photos pretty regularly so I only lost a few day’s worth, but those photos were all now on my desktop and not on my phone where my photo grid app is and, well… you get the idea. This month took a lot more effort than usual.
But what a good month it was! Soccer practices, day trips to the beach, lots of time at the pool, and ending with a weeklong New England road trip. Our little vacation actually split August and September, so in a few weeks, there will be even more vacation pictures to share.
All in all, it was a great end to a great summer full of lots of 2 year old fun. We’re all having a difficult time adjusting to our new fall schedule, but we’ll get there — and in the meantime, I’ll keep revisiting these pictures for great memories of the fun, carefree days we had last month.
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) Ryan and his BFF at soccer — all smiles!
2) The absolute emptiest I have ever seen a Jersey shore beach on a Saturday during summer. Apparently we are the only people who don’t let some rain ruin our beachgoing plans.
3) See? Smiles and (eventually) some sunshine. Great day at the beach!
4) Ryan’s last soccer practice – what a fun little mini summer session.
5) I baked a smash cake for a friend’s son’s first birthday party. How do I turn this into a career? How happy would every day be if you spent it baking a giant cupcake covered with sprinkles?
6) Cheese! Another trip to our neighborhood public pool.
7) These two goofballs have spent nearly every day together since Ryan was 3 months old, but have now split ways to attend different preschools. It breaks my heart to split them up — and my phone seems so empty without an influx of daily Ryan and Evie pictures!
8) Closing day pool party at the neighborhood pool — a high of 70 degrees that day. Brr!
9) Just a little neighborhood trike riding in our pajamas.
10) After a very long, vomit-filled car ride… we made it to Portsmouth, NH!
11) I love New England coastal towns. Loooooove. I was totally in my element the whole trip.
12) We even took the dog on vacation. An almost complete family vacation (sorry Milkshake — no cats allowed).
13) Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. Have I mentioned how much I also love lighthouses?
14) Nothing like handmade Maine ice cream!
15) Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park. I’d be that happy too if someone carried me around for all the hikes!
16) A doggone good time on vacation. (Ha, ha. You laughed. Or at least rolled you eyes.)
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017