August 2018 iPhonetography
August was full of all our favorite summer things: trips to the pool, to play in the fountains, and lots of visits from friends! In a 10 day span, we had three of our favorite DC friends come and stay with us, which was such a treat. I lived in DC for 11 years before moving to Philadelphia, and we miss our DC friends so much. Weekend visits are the best!
We took advantage of some extra helping adult hands for lots of trips to the pool, including Brielle’s first swim. Philadelphia has over 70 totally free public pools, and we’re fortunate enough to live in walking distance to three. I love that my kids will grow up spending their summers splashing around the neighborhood public pools!
We’re a little sad to see the carefree summer come to a close, but bring on the fall weather! My 3.5 mile walk to work has been VERY sweaty lately, and I’m ready for those cooler temperatures!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) Ryan’s favorite activity: reading! We have a serious bookworm on our hands.
2) Brielle turned 4 months old. Smiling, talking, laughing, and sleeping like a champ — I keep waiting for the dreaded four month sleep regression to show up.
3) Ryan loves to tell us that his best friend is Milkshake the cat. These two make quite the team.
4) Bathtime supervisor reporting for duty.
5) The happiest little face to greet me in the mornings.
6) Playing in the fountains at Dilworth Park.
7) Followed by a delicious rainbow popsicle from Big Gay Ice Cream.
8) We both played hooky for a day from work and preschool to go swimming.
9) Brielle’s first swim! The (very) cold water didn’t even phase her.
10) Sous Chef Ryan, whipping up a batch of tahini blondies.
11) Big brother on bottle feeding duty.
12) Ryan’s first preschool play — he was “the sun” in The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
13) Doing what I love the most: holding a sleeping baby.
14) Our weekend morning routine: Ryan plays with magformers and Brielle watches.
15) What a weird kiddo — doesn’t touch his pizza, but immediately eats all the veggies.
16) Happy little Briellie-bean!
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018 | June 2018 | July 2018 | August 2018