December 2017 iPhonetography
We ended the year with our usual bang of houseguests, travel, and parties. This year was extra fun now that Ryan is old enough to understand Hanukkah and asked to “light the ‘norah” every night (and also asked when our Christmas tree was coming… sorry, kiddo!).
We had our first taste of the year of bitter cold temperatures and snow, neither of which could keep us inside for long!
Ryan’s preschool is closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s, so I took off of work for the week and loved our weeklong “staycation.” It’s amazing how fast time flies when you’re having fun! We made it to a few museums, saw Disney on Ice, and some some fun lunch dates.
I know everyone is all “terrible twos” but at least for us – this age is the best!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) We kicked off the month with a trip to the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, where we had front row seats to the hippo feeding. The hippos eat pounds and pounds of bok choy for an afternoon snack!
2) Ryan manned the keg at a neighbor’s holiday party.
3) Digging for fossils at the Academy of Natural Sciences.
4) One of us was excited for the first snow flurries of the year. The other was not.
5) Pretty sure our cat liked watching the snow from inside the house a lot more than she liked being outside as a stray.
6) Ryan walked the whole way to his preschool (just under a mile) in the snow. Uphill both ways, of course!
7) Annual lab holiday photo – we like to match. Nerd alert.
8) This month marked 5 years since we adopted our dog, Dreidel. We got some more fresh snow to mark the occasion!
9) In lieu of our traditional very large, crazy holiday party, we downsized this year and did a sit-down Hanukkah dinner instead, starring the famous Zahav lamb shoulder recipe. If you’re looking for a dish to truly wow, make it ASAP. Trust me when I say it is well worth the three day preparation.
10) At the ripe old age of two, Ryan now gets preschool homework… which included making a gingerbread house this year. So of course, we made one from scratch, baking our own gingerbread.
11) The finished product!
12) Philly does the Christmas season so well – we visited the Christmas market and checked out the decorations at Dilworth Plaza.
13) A photo excerpt from our Hanukkah cards with Ryan drinking his favorite hot chocolate.
14) Lunch date at Goldie for amazing falafel and our favorite tehina shakes!
15) No trip to the Please Touch Museum is complete without a ride on the carousel!
16) We hosted our DC friends for New Year’s, as always. Ryan LOVED all the extra attention from his honorary aunts and uncles!
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017