February 2016 iPhonetography
February was a month of highs and lows. A trip to DC for a friend’s baby shower, lots of fun baby swim lessons, Ryan’s first college basketball game, a trip to Zahav for the lamb shack. But paired with that was also the passing of my husband’s grandmother, Betty, and the subsequent funeral. It’s such a strong reminder that life passes quickly and it’s important to hang on to all the good times, and we’re extra thankful Ryan was able to brighten his great-grandmother’s life for the past 10 months. He was also such a beacon of joy at the funeral and my husband’s great aunt and uncle were so thrilled to be able to meet him. Betty’s life motto was “Always save room for cake!” – a motto I’m sure we can all get behind.
(Sorry for the extreme overload of baby pictures. I apparently didn’t photograph much else this month!)
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) You’re kind of jealous of his orange striped leggings and orange and teal booties, right? I know I am!
2) Such a happy little guy.
3) Cookies I made for the baby shower in DC.
4) Ultimate back seat driver on our weekend road trip. (Also, every time we go to DC, we stay with the same friends, who invite us, our baby, and our crazy dog into their house with open arms. Seriously, they are the best. We’re like a traveling circus thanks to the dog, and yet they continue to invite us back. Or at least they never say no when we ask if we can visit!)
5) Baby shower selfie! Ryan’s so excited to have so many new friends on the way — he’s not the baby of the group anymore!
6) Visiting friends with children mean NEW TOYS to explore. Ryan totally dug the xylophone – time to get him his own instruments!
7) Ryan’s first legitimate selfie. I held the camera, he pushed the button. Good work, kiddo!
8) Trying out a new wrap for the first time — a Pellicano Mauris cotton/linen blend. Gorgeous.
9) Monthly picture – 10 months old! How is this possible?!
10) Nighttime ritual – everyone climbs in the chair. Dreidel wants a bedtime story, too!
11) Ryan is completely enamored with Dreidel. His entire face lights up the second she walks into the room.
12) Tiny Foodie chowing down on homemade almond ricotta tortellini. Safe to say, he was quite a fan.
13) All summer, I can’t wait for fall to break out my tall boots. And then right around mid-February, despite a high in the 20s, I just can’t take it anymore and wear flats to work. I’m ready for spring shoes!
14) Ryan still isn’t crawling but he loves the higher vantage point when he stands and clings on to the furniture!
15) Legit South Philly baby in his tiny sweatsuit.
16) Baby’s first college basketball game! Not too shabby when your first live sporting event is at the historic Palestra. We went for the Penn-Yale game, and based on Ryan’s clapping, he would like to be a Yalie.