February 2017 iPhonetography
Another month in the books! February is when the winter blues always set in, right? Even though I love winter, I totally get it – it’s a boring month. The fresh start of January is over, but spring break (if you’re in any area of life which affords such luxuries) is still a month away.
Our month was spent in swim lessons, at museums, and soaking up every drop of the unseasonably warm temperatures at the park. Our biggest news of the month: we now have a foster cat!
A very small cat followed my dog home on a walk, and then hung around our house the next day. I came home from the gym and found her sitting on our front step, looking like she was waiting someone to let her in. So, that’s exactly what I did – and now, we have ourselves a feline friend. Anyone in the Philadelphia area looking for a cat? 😉
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) Ryan learned the joys of licking the spatula while baking. Pure, unfiltered joy.
2) We utilized our Philadelphia Zoo membership a few times in February. On a very, very cold day, Ryan loved hanging with the goats…
3) …and befriended a leopard. The zoo is amazing in cold weather – so many normally dormant animals are very active.
4) Ryan’s little best friend turned two. They celebrated with cupcakes and I let him eat an entire cupcake by himself, which may very well have been the highlight of Ryan’s life to date.
5) Warm weather = sidewalk chalk!
6) And flats! Without socks! In February!
7) Except, the very next day after my sockless picture, it snowed. At least my walk to work is beautiful in the snow.
8) Working full time, going to the gym, volunteering, and raising a toddler is getting really time consuming, so I decided to hire a little intern to edit my photos for my food blog. I hope he knows what he’s doing. 😉
9) Foster cat is shy and skiddish, but when she comes out of her shell, she’s quite a happy little lap cat.
10) Ryan is at the cutest age right now, where he loves “reading” to himself. He’ll sit in his chair, pull up a pile of books, and read for a good 15-20 minutes.
11) My little sous chef, helping to whisk the sauce for our sheet pan Asian salmon!
12) Fighting like cats and dogs is, perhaps, not the most accurate phrase.
13) 70 degrees in February? Okay! Four mile walk with the toddler and dog it is.
14) Why yes, I did find a giant horse head mask while cleaning out our office…
15) Ryan, age 22 months, making his own scrambled eggs for breakfast.
16) No childcare = yet another “take your toddler to work” day. At least one of us was completely ecstatic to be there!