January 2016 iPhonetography
The first month of 2016 is in the books! We had a pretty uneventful January, since we all seemed to pass the same cold back and forth since the last week of December. Ryan started swim lessons (and loves them!), we were snowed in for a weekend, but otherwise, nothing too exciting. Lots of time spent experimenting in the kitchen with a baby on my back — basically my favorite way to spend an afternoon!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) Another New Years Day in Philly, another Mummer’s Parade to see the string bands, this time with a baby!
2) Ryan received a set of these Elemnosqueeze Blocks for the holidays, and they are fantastic. He loves squeezing them, chewing on them, and knocking them over – I love building crazy, structurally unsound towers thanks to the grippy sides. Highly recommend!
3) We bought a double stroller for our nanny share. First trip out and both babies were out like a light!
4) Nine months old!
5) Dog walk with friends turned into “dog lays on ground and refuses to move.” Oh, Dreidel.
6) As mentioned above — a snowy afternoon in the kitchen with a sleeping baby on my back is basically my favorite thing in the world.
7) Happy baby.
8) It snowed. A lot.
9) Obligatory baby in two feet of snow picture.
10) Dreidel has been more and more interested in Ryan lately, and Ryan just can’t get enough of her. I love watching their friendship develop.
11) Frozen river and a snowy walk home from work.
12) More dog and baby shenanigans. Whatever toy Dreidel has, Ryan wants to play with it as well.
13) I spent last weekend decorating cookies for a baby shower I’m co-hosting in DC this weekend.
14) More cookies, when I realized the first ones were probably too big to fit into favor bags…
15) I’m going to be so disappointed if Ryan’s first word isn’t “guacamole”… followed shortly by “steak burrito, please.” This kid loves his Mexican food!
16) Post swim lesson family photo!