January 2019 iPhonetography
Kicking off a new year of photo dump posts! I started these back before we even had children, and now I can’t even remember what I used to include. What was I photographing? What did I do with my time? Now it seems to be all kids, all the time. Welcome to the Ryan and Brielle section of Bunsen Burner Bakery.
I guess part of the problem now is I just don’t remember to take enough pictures of other things. We kicked off January with our friends visiting for our annual New Year’s Eve party and celebration. Our friends stuck around through the 1st and 2nd, and yet the only pictures I have from these days are of… our kids.
We went down to DC for a baby shower for a a wonderful friend welcoming her first (any day now!) and all the pictures I have are… pictures of everyone’s kids.
Sigh. Someone remind me to take pictures of MY friends once in a while, too!
We also spent part of the month quarantined – our little Bean just couldn’t catch a break on the health front. Ear infection, hand foot mouth, and croup, all back-to-back. Hand Foot Mouth is no joke, people! (Fortunately, no one else in the household caught it from her.)
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) We kicked off January 1st at the Philadelphia Mummer’s Parade, as always. I’m pretty sure this was the warmest year since we moved to Philly 7 years ago — I’m not even wearing a jacket in this photo (for reference, it was in the single digits at the parade last year). I’m not sure why Ryan’s the one making the grumpy face when I’m the one carrying two kids!
2) Brielle turned 9 months old in January — zero teeth, climbing up and down everything, pulling herself up and cruising, and eating everything in sight.
3) Aforementioned cruising – off and running in our basement!
4) It’s not everyday you get to bake cookies with a real superhero.
5) Saturday morning pancake crew. Briellie Bean is waving hello!
6) Ryan can now make pancakes all by himself, start to finish.
7) Dr. Ryan is giving sick Brielle a checkup.
8) Nothing makes this little girl happier than eating!
9) I somehow started a tradition of baking decorated sugar cookies for the baby showers for our group of college and DC friends, so of course, I had to continue for this shower, as well.
10) The night before disaster struck: a happy Bean, wearing a beard of yogurt. But by the next morning…
11) Hand. Foot. Mouth. The three words striking fear into parents everywhere. Nooooooo!
12) Brielle spent her sick days home from daycare working on her climbing skills. Some babies are apparently miserable and fussy the whole time. Not this girl! A body covered in blisters could’t slow her down.
13) World’s Best Cat is so, so good with babies. And love to nap on the changing table.
14) Once Brielle was over all her illnesses, it was Ryan’s turn to get sick. He tagged along to work with me for a day and practiced his pipetting.
15) Trying something new for Sunday dinner. How long do you roast a 14.5 pound baby?
16) Cat for lunch?
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018 | June 2018 | July 2018 | August 2018 | September 2018 | October 2018 | November 2018 | December 2018