July 2018 iPhonetography
July marked the end of my maternity leave from the lab, and back to work as a scientist. On one hand, I was really excited to go back to work — and to once again get to use my brain in the way I’ve been training it for the past 15 years. On the other hand… phew, talk about exhaustion!
Since I was just coming off of maternity leave and my husband had call most weekends, we did no traveling in July. It was a perfectly low key month, filled with soccer and swimming, outdoor picnics, playing in the fountains, and enjoying as much outdoor time as possible.
Our new house continues to progress — we did the pre-drywall walkthrough in July and brought Ryan and Brielle along so Ryan could see his new room. Good thing this kiddo handles change like a champ!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) Rise and shine with our star-spangled baby! Fourth of July looks good on Brielle.
2) Lots of time spent playing with the water table – both toddler and canine approved.
3) I let Ryan choose how he wanted to spend one evening when my husband was on call, and he chose dinner at his favorite restaurant, Miles Table.
4) Doing some “pie of the month” research at Magpie!
5) Ryan’s favorite summer activity: playing in the fountains at Dilworth Plaza.
6) The worst part about going back to work: missing the afternoon sleeping baby snuggles.
7) Pre-drywall walkthrough of the new house.
8) Brielle continues to sleep like a champ, KNOCK ON ALL THE WOOD.
9) Eating a hoagie while listening to live music in the park. Life is good.
10) I’m not sure I’ve ever loved anything as much as this kid loves a bagel.
11) Dogs make the best nap buddies.
12) But cats aren’t too shabby, either!
13) Lazy weekend mornings with these two are my favorite.
14) Mornings are really hectic and time-crunched now that I’m back to work, but our morning mile long walk to preschool is probably my favorite part of the day.
15) Billy Joel concert in a torrential downpour.
16) Ryan and I made a bird feeder, which we are happy to report is a total success. Our cat is a huge fan and spends all day on the couch watching the birds drop by.
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018 | June 2018 | July 2018