June 2017 iPhonetography
Summer was in full swing in June – lots of days spent outside, outdoor concerts, trips to the playground, and picnics in the park.
We sadly said farewell to my grandmother this month, and as devastatingly sad as it is to lose a grandparent, it also brought the opportunity to see other members of our family we see far too infrequently. Just as the funeral service started, Ryan and I stood in the back while he started singing “Old MacDonald” – the best kind of sendoff from a little 2 year old.
I’ve never been a big fan of summer (too hot, too sweaty), but it’s much more tolerable with a little playground-loving, sidewalk chalk-ing, soccer ball-kicking toddler around!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) We took Ryan to a Dave Matthews concert at the Mann Center. Ryan unexpectedly had to tag along last year to see The Lumineers and had such a great time, we wanted to bring him again.
2) Such an urban toddler, decorating our front stoop with sidewalk chalk.
3) Picnic in the park, complete with music, sprinklers, and lots of other toddlers kicking balls and riding scooters.
4) Twinsies. The angle of this photo makes our cat look huge, but in reality, she’s quite small.
5) Ryan and I went to “Mommy and Me” yoga in the park. His favorite part? The bag of pretzels they gave out at the end, which he rushed home to eat.
6) Another night, another picnic in the park. City life is exhausting.
7) Family selfie at the Chinese Lantern Festival.
8) One of the many gorgeous displays at the Philadelphia Chinese Lantern Festival – already looking forward to going back again next year!
9) Michael Franti and Spearhead concert at one of our favorite small local venus, The Electric Factory.
10) Holiday to celebrate? There’s a cake for that. I turned my chocolate hazelnut cake into a one-layer carved DAD cake for Father’s Day.
11) The Lumineers and U2 – June was a busy concert month for us!
12) We had an amazing evening at the Great Chefs Event, an Alex’s Lemonade Stand fundraiser. Incredible food, nonstop drinks, and fun friends – thanks for the invitation, Sara and Jordan!
13) We picked up an old point and shoot camera for Ryan so he can take pictures along with me while I’m taking my food photos. It’s basically the most adorable thing ever.
14) I turned my back for two seconds to chop some cilantro and found a certain someone with a mischievous grin eating right off my photo setup.
15) Scoot scoot! The preferred method of transportation for the South Philly Under 5 crowd.
16) Happy Birthday to me! I welcomed in my 34th year of life at Double Knot, which I cannot recommend enough. Every dish in the tasting menu was spot on.
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 | September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017