June 2019 iPhonetography
Summer sure is flying by, isn’t it?! Here we are, towards the end of July, and yet somehow it feels like summer just started.
We stayed close to home in June and didn’t travel, but we still managed to fit in a lot of fun things.
Dinner at Will BYOB on its closing weekend. We brought our next-door neighbors to Zahav — recently named the best restaurant in the country — for dinner (and then Zahav wasn’t serving the lamb that night… so later in the month, we had them over and I made the lamb and all our favorite salatim).
The Alex’s Lemonade Stand “Great Chefs Event” fundraiser – one of our favorite events of the year! Dinner at neighborhood favorite Noord for my husband’s birthday, and then a week later, dinner at Sate Kampar for my birthday.
We made an entire night out of diner at Palizzi Social Club and a Fitz and the Tantrums concert. And following both my husband’s birthday and my birthday, we celebrated eight years of Bunsen Burner Bakery (with this funfetti babka).
Phew! Once again too many pictures of my kids — it makes me wonder what I used to share on these monthly updates before I had children. 16 photos of my dog, I guess.
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) Just two kids riding their bikes in the city.
2) Ryan was like a kid in a candy store surrounded by shiny new red cars.
3) Summer is for snacks and sidewalk chalk (and occasionally confusing the two!).
4) Briellie-Bean eating a waffle sandwich made out of leftover babka dough. (One of my more genius substitutions, if you ask me.)
5) We brought the littles along to the Great Chefs Event this year — significantly more chasing after children, significantly less eating and drinking — but still a fun event!
6) And we even managed to get a family photo!
7) It’s about time she started helping out around the house.
8) Graduation party for the residents in my husband’s program.
9) A beautiful day on the roof deck!
10) No trip to the zoo is complete without stopping to brush the goats.
11) Watching the penguins swim.
12) The rooftop donut pool is open for the season – come on down for a swim!
13) Brielle had a fever for a few days and couldn’t go to daycare, so she spent the day with me at work. It’s never too early to start science education!
14) Just two kids living their best lives in the city.
15) Our neighbors brought over an entire drink tray to make three types of cocktails for our Zahav-at-Home lamb feast. Did we win the neighbor jackpot or what?!
16) Is there such a thing as too many bubbles in the bathtub? Asking for a friend.
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018 | June 2018 | July 2018 | August 2018 | September 2018 | October 2018 | November 2018 | December 2019 | January 2019 | February 2019 | March 2019 | April 2019 | May 2019 | June 2019