May 2018 iPhonetography
After our completely chaotic, change-inducing April, it was nice to step back, relax, and adjust to live as a family of four (six with the cat and dog!) in May. I cannot believe how fast time is flying past – I’m supposed to go back to work soon, and that just doesn’t seem remotely possible.
May disappeared into the blurb that is newborn life: late nights, early mornings, pumping constantly, and holding a tiny sleeping human who is reliant on you for every single little thing.
My baking has slowed down considerably, and honestly: I don’t even miss it that much. Sometimes, there are more important things in life – and I know this stage will be over before I know it. But I’ll have to jump back into the kitchen sometime soon… I have to start thinking about July’s Pie of the Month!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) Our new house! It won’t be ready for us to move into until sometime this fall/winter, but it’s fun to stop by and check on progress every now and then.
2) There are so, so many things I will miss about our current house and neighborhood, but our beautiful cherry tree is pretty darn close to the top of the list.
3) Brielle turned 1 month old!
4) Ryan loves flowers and requests lots of pictures with them on his daily walk to preschool. This particular morning, he requested “Take a picture of me and you and baby sister with big cherry tree!” as we passed an old, giant cherry tree a block from our house.
5) Bedtime looks a little different these days.
6) Ryan and his flowers.
7) Brielle, starting to look at the world around her.
8) Ryan is has taken so well to being a big brother – he even wants to be the one to give Brielle her baths.
9) Sous Chef Ryan, busy making a blueberry rhubarb pie!
10) I will never, ever miss an opportunity to make sure my voice is heard, no matter how small the election.
11) Nothing cuter than a toddler in a raincoat carrying an umbrella.
12) Brielle’s first trip to Memphis Taproom.
13) We made a day trip to visit my parents so Brielle could meet her great-grandfather.
14) Brielle is Not Impressed.
15) Who needs the gym when you have a 3 mile walk wearing 2 kids in 90 degree weather?
16) Outsourced bottle feeding to the 3 year old. I’m really winning at this parenting thing.
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018