October 2017 iPhonetography
October is quite possibly my favorite month of the year. It’s usually starting to really feel like fall. Leaves changing, a chill in the air – my favorite weather. We spend a week at the shore with a big group of college friends. And we can’t forget about Halloween — which has always been one of my favorite holidays!
This year was no exception. Our week at the shore, with 14 adults, 6 children three and under, and 2 dogs, was wonderful. We upgraded to a house with a pool and an entire playground in the backyard and had beautiful, sunny, upper 70 degree weather. We enjoyed lots of Halloween festivities – and lots of excuses to wear the rhino costume that Ryan requested this year. He went trick-or-treating at a few houses for the first time, and loved it.
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) First one in the pool for the week? Our dog. And the giant swan pool float.
2) Officially on vacation! Life is good.
3) Learning to toast his first marshmallow for s’mores.
4) Spectacular, gorgeous beach day. 80 degrees, sunny, and no one else in sight on the beach.
5) We took Ryan to “Boo at the Zoo” so he could see the rhino. RyRy the Rhino and Tony the Rhino.
6) “I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baller.”
7) This kid sure inherited my love of olives.
8) InstantPot pro. Ryan makes a mean batch of IP chili.
9) Preschool Halloween parade – Ryan wasn’t into parading around, but at least he wore the costume.
10) Did I mention that preschool parties are pretty stinking cute?
11) A rhino and a taco walk into a museum…
12) Our dog gets the “dog of the year” award for her patience. A sick toddler who was stuck inside meant decorating the dog with necklaces.
13) Sous chef Ryan, reporting for duty!
14) Appropriate Halloween attire when your dad is a radiologist.
15) I’ve always said 90% of my job can be done by a well trained monkey.
16) Happy Halloween!
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017