October 2018 iPhonetography
October is, hands down, my favorite month of the year.
The weather is finally cool and it feels like fall. Halloween decorations are all over the city. And, most importantly, beach week. Every October, our college friends gather in Stone Harbor, New Jersey for a weeklong vacation. We rent a huge house, load the dogs and kids into the car, and it is, without a doubt, my favorite week of the year every year.
So #sorrynotsorry for the photo overload from the trip. As always, we had an amazing time and it was so, so hard to come home. We miss everyone already!
Also noteworthy in October: I started a new job! After many (so many) years as a postdoc, I packed up my lab notebooks, organized my freezer boxes, and said so long. And then two days later, came right back to a building one block away to start a new job as a senior scientist for a new startup biotech company. C-c-c-c-changes!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) Our little bean turned 6 months old. She is just the happiest, most easy-going, joyful baby. I hate to be all cliche parent, but, well… I can’t believe we’re lucky enough that she’s ours.
2) A little light morning reading. Knowledge is tasty!
3) Ryan loves pumpkins and was super excited to find this big one waiting for him on our front stoop!
4) Something interesting on our back patio… all animals reporting for guard duty.
5) We stopped by to check out the new house and the cabinets are in! The future home of Bunsen Burner Bakery is getting real.
6) BEACH WEEK!
7) I cannot get over the amazing weather we had this year — sunshine, blue skies, and shorts in October. Dream trip.
8) Our dog is the ultimate beach bum.
9) We rent a house with a private pool, which is the best investment ever given the number of children that now tag along with us. And it even comes with fun pool floats!
10) No, really. Have I mentioned how much I love this week with my favorite people?
11) The Jersey shore in October is my absolute favorite. Warm enough to swim, but entirely empty. A beach all to ourselves.
12) Family photo time!
13) Grumble, grumble, back at home. Brielle’s first back carry – she seemed very surprised to be up on the wrong side of me!
14) And a back wearing pro – people often ask if I still wear Ryan now that he’s 3.5. Not too often, but sometimes we have to trek places that are a little further than his legs can carry him in a timely fashion. He still loves getting a ride whenever the opportunity presents itself.
15) Boo at the Zoo with our favorite little octopus.
16) Brielle was a shark for Halloween, but seemed happiest in her skeleton pajamas. Future radiologist, just like Dad?
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018 | June 2018 | July 2018 | August 2018 | September 2018 | October 2018