September 2018 iPhonetography
Even though we always think of September as the start of fall, our activities (and the scorching weather!) meant more of our same favorites summer activities. More time in the pool, a trip to the shore, bubbles, roof deck drinks, and as much outside time as we could get.
We also celebrated two birthdays in September (my mother’s and my grandfather’s — 98 years young!) and had Brielle’s first overnight trip away.
I also accepted a new job in September (and will be starting in two weeks). I’ve been in my current postdoc position for many years now and it’s time to move on, but the change will be hard. 2018 is a big year for our little family: new baby, new house, new job!
As usual, here’s a roundup in pictures of how we spent the past month. Many of these come from my private Instagram account, but you can follow along on my public account here.
1) On the carousel at the Please Touch Museum — baby’s first carousel ride!
2) What baby doesn’t need a giant flamingo float?
3) Brielle turned 5 months old! Constantly smiling, babbling, and watching her favorite big bro. Zero teeth, all the thigh rolls. And still sleeping 10+ hours every night.
4) We took a day trip to the shore. Ryan loves playing in the sand and Brielle was pretty into it, too.
5) I don’t consider myself to be a big Elton John fan, but if you have a chance to see his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour, DO IT!
6) Since we live in the city, our outdoor space is just a tiny little back patio. Just the right size for a bubble machine!
7) These two are already sharing lots of smiles. No one makes Brielle smile more than her big bro.
8) Splish splash, Brielle’s taking a bath – and loving every second.
9) Roof deck happy hour with some preschool mom friends.
10) Ryan’s favorite things: chocolate cake and blowing out other people’s birthday candles.
11) Our dog really knows how to get comfortable.
12) Stopped for a post-swim lesson cookie. Ate my entire croissant instead.
13) See number 10. (And a happy 98th birthday to my grandfather!)
14) 98 years young and still able to get down on the floor to play with his great-granddaughter.
15) Someone started sitting up this month (and looks quite pleased about it!).
16) Tiny little thumb sucker.
Time travel back to previous monthly photo updates:
April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 |September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018 | June 2018 | July 2018 | August 2018 | September 2018