Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
What’s better than a baked chocolate chip cookie? This egg-free chocolate chip cookie dough dip! Go ahead, dig right in and relive your childhood.
Let’s backtrack several weeks to the Super Bowl. I mentioned back in this post what I made for our Super Bowl party.
Desserts can be challenging for parties. I didn’t want to make anything like cake or pie, which requires cutting and serving. Most of my go-to bite-sized desserts already made an appearance last month for our annual Chrismukkah party and a New Years Eve party.
I was busy most of the weekend, meaning there wasn’t time to bake ahead, and on the day of the party, my oven was doing double-duty with all the savory components.
Enter the need for a simple no-bake, no-utensils, one-handed dessert… like this chocolate chip cookie dough dip.
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookie dough? (No, seriously. Does anyone not love cookie dough?)
99 times out of 100, I find the unbaked batter for any cake, cookie, tart, muffin, etc., tastier than the actual baked product.
But raw dough generally has eggs, and while I may be willing to take that risk for a bite or two, I’m certainly not going to serve something with raw eggs to any guests.
Why not just take my normal chocolate chip cookie recipe and leave out the eggs? Well, it’s dense… really dense. If you’re planning on digging in with a spoon, it would work just fine.
However, I wanted something lighter and fluffier, to dip with brownies, graham crackers, and pretzels.
Folding in some freshly-whipped cream did exactly this, making a scoopable dip with all safe-to-eat-raw components.
(Worried about flour and the recent e. coli outbreak? Spread the flour on a baking sheet and bake at 350 °F for 5 minutes. Cool and proceed – bacteria killed!)
This chocolate chip cookie dough dip was a big hit. If we’re being honest, I’m already contemplating making a scaled down version for my own personal snacking pleasure.
I’ll definitely be making this again for parties – it’s so quick and easy, and I generally have all the ingredients on hand for a very last minute dessert!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
What’s better than a baked chocolate chip cookie? This egg-free chocolate chip cookie dough dip! Go ahead, dig in.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- dipping sides: brownie bites, graham crackers, nilla wafers, pretzel bites, apple slices, bananas on toothpicks, etc.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla until smooth. With the mixer running on low, add in the flour and salt until just incorporated.
- Add half of the whipped cream and beat until smooth. Fold in the other half of the whipped cream with a rubber spatula, until just mixed. This will take a little time, but don’t rush it – folding slowly is the key to keeping the dip light and soft.
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold until incorporated.
- Serve with sides and refrigerate any leftovers.
Recipe adapted from: Erica’s Sweet Tooth