No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Five ingredients and ten minutes are all you need for these no bake peanut butter bars. Grab one quick: this crowd-pleasing favorite will disappear before your eyes!
The simplest foods are so often the best, right? Like these five ingredient no bake peanut butter bars.
These are both one of the easiest possible desserts I have ever made, and also one of my most frequently requested treats.
Do you have a 9×13-inch pan? Do you have a microwave safe bowl and a microwave? How about a mixing spoon?
Congratulations: you’re all set to make no bake peanut butter bars!
Hardly a party or event goes by when friends do not ask me to bring along a batch of peanut butter bars. I am always happy to oblige because of the minimal effort involved. I’m pretty sure I could make them in my sleep!
And yet despite how easy these are, they are so popular. There are never any leftovers after a party! Crowd pleasing and easy peasy? Now that’s a winning dessert!
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Are you ready for this really long, complicated recipe? Let’s go!
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Mix in sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and peanut butter.
- Spread this mixture in a pan.
- Melt chocolate.
- Pour melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture.
- Wait for everything to cool. <— the hardest step, BY FAR
Seriously, that’s it. Five ingredients: butter, powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, chocolate. Ten minutes (plus cooling time). Boom.
Can I Make Peanut Butter Bars with Other Nut Butters?
Yes, of course! I mean, then they’ll be almond butter bars or cashew butter bars, but yes of course.
Just make sure to mix the nut butter really, really well first — and if the mixture feels too ‘greasy’ add in a little extra powdered sugar.
The world is your oyster when it comes to peanut butter bars!
Can I freeze peanut butter bars?
If the 10 minute prep time is too much for you now, make a batch of these ahead of time!
Kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator, they will last at least a week (probably two, but I’ve never had them last longer than a week in our house!)
These don’t actually require refrigeration for food safety reasons, but I find the chocolate on top tends to melt when left out in the summer, so by habit I just keep them in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.
Ooooor make them way ahead of time, and freeze! After slicing, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator between sheets of wax paper for up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Perfect for football parties, birthday parties, holiday parties, dinner parties, or any kind of party. An after school treat, a sleepover, or just because it’s Tuesday and you want an easy, fun dessert.
10 minute, 5 ingredient, no bake peanut butter bars. Perfect all the time.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extended over sides of pan.
- Melt butter in a large microwaveable bowl on high for 45 seconds, or until melted. Add sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and peanut butter; mix well. Spread into prepared pan.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a glass bowl tightly set over barely simmering water (or in the microwave for 30 second increments), stirring until thoroughly melted. Cool slightly, and pour over peanut butter mixture in pan.
- Cut partially through dessert to mark 48 squares. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
- Lift from pan, using foil handles. Run a knife under warm water, dry, and then cut all the way through dessert into squares. Store in airtight container.
See post text for storage and freezing suggestions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123 Total Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 10g Protein: 2g
More Easy No Bake Desserts:
- Sprinkle Rice Krispie Treats
- Cookies and Cream Puppy Chow
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- No Bake Oreo Truffles
- All No Bake Dessert Recipes »