Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Why choose between cheesecake and brownies? With these rich and decadent pumpkin cheesecake brownies, you don’t have to decide! Easy homemade brownies topped with a smooth and creamy layer of pumpkin cheesecake, these are the perfect fall dessert!
Despite the unseasonably warm weather, there’s no denying that fall is in full swing. Pumpkins line the steps to rowhomes in our neighborhood. Everyone is thinking about Halloween costumes for their kids.
And I’m finally willing to step on the pumpkin dessert bandwagon.
It’s not that I don’t like pumpkin desserts — I do! It’s just that I can’t get into them until it really feels like fall — which is not early September. Sorry, folks.
But now that we’ve hit the second week of October, it’s about time. So this week, I’m bringing you not one, but two, pumpkin desserts!
Let’s start with these easy, delicious pumpkin cheesecake brownies. Simple homemade brownies topped with a smooth and creamy layer of pumpkin cheesecake.
To make them more finger-food friendly, we’ll top the soft cheesecake layer with chocolate ganache, and then a few white chocolate drizzles.
These pumpkin cheesecake brownies are perfect for sharing — or keeping all to yourself. I chose to share mine at our annual weeklong beach trip with our college friends, where they’ve been a big hit.
The perfect combination of rich brownie, smooth and creamy pumpkin, and chocolate coating. What a delicious way to welcome fall!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Why choose between cheesecake and brownies? With these rich and decadent pumpkin cheesecake brownies, you don’t have to decide!
For the brownie layer:
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
For the pumpkin cheesecake layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpin
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line a 9″ square baking dish with aluminum foil, extending the foil over the edges to form handles, and grease the foil.
- Combine the melted butter and sugar together in a small bowl, whisking until smooth and shiny. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Whisk by hand for about 5 minutes, until well combined. Add the melted butter/sugar mixture to the egg/cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth. Add in the flour, stirring just until the flour is incorporated.
- To make the pumpkin cheesecake layer, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread brownie batter in prepared pan. Pour the pumpkin cheesecake layer evenly over the brownie layer. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean. Leave at room temperature until cool, then refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, stirring well. Repeat until chocolate ganache is smooth. Pour ganache over the brownies and smooth with an offset spatula. Return to refrigerator until ganache is set. Melt white chocolate and drizzle overtop brownies. Cut into 12 bars and serve. Store covered in the refrigerator.