Blueberry Honey Quick Bread
A sweet vanilla honey quick bread, studded with ripe blueberries.
My husband, a radiology resident, has to present cases at weekly meetings. The residents typically bring in some sort of food to go with their morning case conference; often bagels or donuts. When his turn to present approached, he asked if I would bake a variety of breakfast breads. Since these went straight off to work with him, I didn’t have the opportunity to taste test myself, but the texts and emails I received from his co-workers indicate that they were a hit!
Blueberry Honey Bread
Adapted from King Arthur Flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, room temperature and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream, low fat
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a 9” x 5” loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together using a stand mixer.
- Add in the butter and sugar, and beat until only small lumps remain.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, and milk until well-blended. Add the honey and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, until ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in the blueberries by hand. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until golden brown and a tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out to a rack to cool completely.