2017: Most Popular Recipes on Bunsen Burner Bakery
Well, he we are. The end of another year! I always love doing these little year end recaps as a great way to remember all the new recipes I shared this year.
2017 kept us pretty busy in the kitchen, and I was thrilled to have a little 2 year old sous chef by my side for so many of these. Ryan loves to pull out his little camera and take pictures alongside me – I can’t wait until he’s old enough to take on an official role as Bunsen Burner Bakery photographer!
This year I shared 87 brand new posts (just a few more than last year – 82 new posts in 2016). It was also a milestone year for traffic with more visits than ever before… hi, everyone! Glad to have you here and hope you’ll stick around through 2018, too.
Here’s a list of my personal new favorites in 2017, my most viewed new posts this year, and a list of the most-viewed all posts this year.
- 2016 Most Popular Recipes
- 2015 Most Popular Recipes
- 2014 Most Popular Recipes
- 2013 Most Popular Recipes
- 2012 Most Popular Recipes
- 2011 Most Popular Recipes
Personal Favorites of 2017:
These were my favorite recipes to share, even if they weren’t the most viewed. In case you can’t tell, I might have a teeny tiny bit of a sprinkle obsession. 2018 resolution: MOAR SPRINKLES!
9) Macaroni and Cheese Souffle / 8) Soft & Chewy M&M Pudding Cookies / 7) S’mores Bundt Cake / 6) Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie / 5) Black and White Cookies / 4) Chocolate Chip Strawberry Trifle / 3) Funfetti Bundt Cake / 2) Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta / 1) Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
Most Viewed 2017 Posts:
These were the most viewed new posts from 2017. A few overlaps from mine, but mostly different. Because it takes a little time for posts to build up traction, most of these are from the first half of the year. Those Potato Chip Pretzel Cookie Bars in the number one spot really took off around the Super Bowl!
9) French Vanilla Lemon Blueberry Scones / 8) Maple Walnut Bundt Cake / 7) Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta / 6) Lemon Sugar Cookies / 5) Red Velvet Bundt Cake / 4) Grilled Pork Tenderloin Wraps / 3) Funfetti Bundt Cake / 2) Homemade Irish Cream / 1) Potato Chip Pretzel Cookie Bars
Top 10 Viewed Posts in 2017:
And last, but not least, what I find the most interesting: the most popular overall posts on Bunsen Burner Bakery in 2017. Many of these are from last year (remember what I said above about posts taking time to build traction?) but there’s a few oldies but goodies that were really popular this year — and a few from this year, too!
10) Tim Tam No Bake Cheesecake
Tim Tam No Bake Cheesecake is the perfect quick and easy holiday entertaining dessert. Crunchy, chocolatey Tim Tams paired with a light, smooth no bake cheesecake filling, and a pure chocolate crust. Tim Tam-tastic.
9) Homemade Irish Cream
Perfectly customizable, this homemade Irish cream recipe is quick and tastes like the real deal! Perfect for sipping, adding to drinks, or boozy desserts.
8) Moroccan Honey Glazed Eggplant
Meltingly soft Moroccan honey glazed eggplant, covered with a sweet and spicy honey and harissa sauce. Vegetarian and gluten free!
7) Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Bundt Cake
Dense chocolate cake covered in peanut butter and milk chocolate ganache, topped with chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups. Mix up this chocolate peanut butter cup bundt cake by hand in two bowls for an easy, impressive dessert.
6) One Pan Salmon Paella
Easy, one pan salmon paella is a great way to change up your salmon game. Made with easy-to-find ingredients, this is a great heart-healthy dinner option.
5) Lactation Cookies (Oatmeal Chocolate Chip)
Bake up a special treat for the new mom in your life. Skip the lactation cookies that are all cookie and no lactation – these are the galactagogue-filled treats you need.
4) Potato Chip Pretzel Cookie Bars
Sweet and salty, chewy and crunchy – these potato chip pretzel cookie bars are the perfect one bowl, whisk by hand, crowd-pleasing party dessert.
3) Banana Bread Muffins
One bowl, mix by hand, muffins reminiscent of your favorite banana bread. A little dense, nice and simple, and full of chocolate chips. These banana bread muffins are perfection.
2) Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde
Fire roasted tomatillos and cherry tomatoes pair beautifully with spicy jalapeno, onion, and garlic in this non-traditional salsa verde. A little sweet, a little tangy, a little spicy – all delicious.
1) Spiral Vegetable Tart
Thinly sliced summer vegetables are the visual star of this spiral vegetable tart. With a layer of homemade sundried tomato pesto and a flaky pie crust, this tart is as delicious as it is beautiful.